Sunday 21 September 2014

It Is Coming...Zomtober 2014!

Once more the dead lead walks....

(okay, dead lead, resin and plastic, but that sounds less catchy I am sure you will agree!)

Zomtober 2014 is nearly here. The dead will once again walk off painting tables and hopefully onto gaming tables and into figure collections.

Zomtober 2012 was a modest start. Zomtober 2013 really blew up, with lots of hobbyists taking part. The time is upon us to see the dead lead walk.

Stalwart Zomtoberists Rob (click link for his blog) and Simon (click link for his blog) and myself are already on board. Personally this year I plan a hodge-podge of Zeds that I have had in the lead pile for ages.

The rules
The rules are simple. To take part just paint one Zombie or Survivor (or more!) each week, in any scale you like, posting it to your blog by the Sunday (we use Sunday's as the end of each Zomtober week). So that means one or more minis each week on or before the 5th, 12, 19th and 26th of October. Simples.

Anyone commenting on this post will get added to the blog list below (and feel free to do something similar on your own blogs -the more we spread the word, the more can get involved!).

Zomtober 2014 - it is almost time...

Zomtober blog roll:
  1. Brummie's Wargaming Blog - Simon
  2. Four Colour Super Minis - Rob
  3. Eclectic Gentleman Tabletop Gamer - me
  4. Dead Lead Project - myincubliss
  5. Brains and Guts - Lord Siwoc
  6. Fiends in Waistcoats -Robert Audin
  7. BZA Bob's Zombie Apocalypse in 28mm - Bob Kinnear
  8. Dispatches From The Rim - Christopher Sheets
  9. Mike's Random Wargaming Meanderings - Mike C
  10. Sean's Wargame Corner - Sean
  11. Miniature Mayhem - Terry Silverthorn
  12. gingerbhoy's painting projects - R. A. E. Gingerbhoy
  13. Metal Skirmish - PMMDJ
  14. The Lead Will Walk The Earth - Zombie Ad
  15. Chris' Miniature Woes - Chris Hird
  16. The Lost and the Damned and the Stunted - Dai
  17. The League of Extraordinary Gamers - LXG crew




30 comments:

  1. Every month feels like Zombtober on my blog. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Yep Count me in. I even have some zombies this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are already listed mate. :)

      Not sure you, Rob or me had a choice!

      Delete
  3. I should probably try and get involved this year, I mean, my blog is 'dead lead project' after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be participating a post announcing that with links to your blog and Simon's will be out Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We look forwards to it Robert; and consider yourself added to the list!

      Delete
  5. OK, I'm in too. This year for realsies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah count me in please, it'll be a good motivator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motivation was the original reason why we started this. :)

      Welcome aboard. :)

      Delete
  7. I'll join in. I have a bunch of zombies that need painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in, though I may miss the first weekend as I will be at Fallcon in Calgary! But will see if I can get something beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I signed up on Brummie's blog
    http://projectsolowargame.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too tossed my hat in on Brummie's so put me down here to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed out last year so count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chris's 6MMRPC challenge already has me, why not this one too? :)

    Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard the Zomtober charabanc Dai! :)

      Delete
  13. You know, I think the crew over at LXG would be quite happy to be involved in some Zombtober action.

    What? That means building and painting at least one model by tomorrow??? Challenge accepted!

    ReplyDelete