Wednesday 11 February 2015

Elite Plants - Henchmen

On the heels of Turk, and the real Henchmen for Poison Ivy, I finished these Plants to give me options for my crew for the Titan Games BMG tournament. Unfortunately the lighting has washed out some of the highlights, but I am fairly happy with them.

So far the only Plants available are those in the pack with Poison Ivy, but I wonder if more may come eventually to bulk out the ranks. Each of the Plants may be taken more than once per crew, but they are not currently available separately.

Plants are not deployed at the start of the game; instead Seed Counters are placed (nice little laser cut acrylic tokens in the pack), and Plants can be deployed from these when the owning player Raises A Plan (one of the game's phases when counters are allocated for actions in the turn ahead). The downside is that Plants are immobile, but they cannot be displaced. they cannot control Objectives either.

The Plants are (l-r):
  • Spore Plant - a more powerful Stun attack than the basic Plant.
  • Plant - basic  Plant with a Stun attack.
  • Creeper Plant - also a Stun attack, but with a Poison CRT Special.

Pleasingly, I have now painted 4 minis so far this month, which is great because in February last year I didn't paint anything at all for any games/ranges.


BMG Painting Summary
BMG characters owned: 65 (added Batwoman; Red Hood; Arrow; and Black Canary)
Percentage of owned characters painted: 13.8% (9 models)

8 comments:

  1. All coming on remarkably quickly, and looking really good too. What have you got left to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Kieron. :)

      Technically, I have enough to play a 350 Reputation crew now, and I have a post coming up in a few days showing that. Ideally though, I would like to get Deadshot painted up to give me more of a fighting chance since the Plants will be immobile, I need to counter that with range so enemies cannot totally keep my models at arms length. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. I am happy with the progress I have made on these models in the last few weeks. :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous work Dude they have come out great. Well done on smashing last years output for February and its only the 11th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. They took a little longer than I anticipated, but I am very happy they are done. Full crew will be on show in a few days. :)

      Delete