Thursday 29 November 2018

Punchline (Kitbash Games)

Punchline is one of the the Villains for my upcoming Kitbash Games Supers Unlimited launch (January 2019 - stay tuned!), and a sculpt I love.

Punchline was a kids' clown/entertainer whose life was falling apart when he happened upon a pair of super-science gloves in an abandoned secret lair. From that moment on he decided the world would be his punch-bag, not the other way around.

I originally conceived the character around ten years ago, and other than the re-design of his gloves (the originals were very baroque), not a great deal changed when I had more up to date art crafted for him - the core elements all remained the same (clown, power gloved, colour scheme). However, I decided I wasn't brave enough to try the yellow pin-stripes as shown on his updated trousers!

7 comments:

  1. Excellent painting, and just the right guy for a polka dot tie! On a side note have you read Secret Identities? One of my favorite recent Supers books: https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/secret-identities-1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doctor Merkury. :)

      Thanks for the tip about that book, I will be ordering it very soon!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers mate. I am really happy with how he turned out. :)

      Delete
  3. Looks great. At a time when all clowns remind me of IT ... this one looks very unique, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much FEM. :)

      The design has been with me in one form or another for almost 10 years, and has been pretty stable in visual concept during that time. :)

      Delete