Sunday 26 March 2017

Goblin Knight

Goblin Knight is my first painted mini in a couple of months, due to a lot of real-life stuff - at times like those I usually can write some stuff (hence the Supers Unlimited progress), but painting tends to take a hit. Thankfully I have cleared this mini which was started a while back, and I may try and tackle some easier to paint generic stuff soon to get myself back on track.

I really didn't enjoy painting this in anyway to be honest - the sculpt felt fiddly in terms of design, and the casting was poor in places, not uncommon with too many Knight Models in my experience. It does mean another SMG mini done, a range I expected to become defunct and since I commented about that it has come to pass. Brummie and me are planning a 400 Rep BMG versus SMG game sometime soon, so that will be a positive out of getting this mini painted amid the ongoing stuff related to the collapse of Knight's Marvel ranges.

In terms of my painting progress for SMG I am adding Venom and Elektra to the overall target list since I consider them part of the range; both had cards published digitally if not physically. I have since had my own copies printed for eventual gaming. Venom will give another Goblin Cult option for a bit of variety when I eventually get round to painting the mini.

SMG Painting Summary
SMG characters owned: 15+2
Percentage of owned characters painted: 47.1% (8 models)

18 comments:

  1. Great stuff PulpCitizen. Such a shame we're never going to see the SHIELD or Hydra factions "KM" promised for "SMG" either. Big disappointment imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. :)

      Yeah, I am disappointed they didn't follow through on their promise fro the primary four factions (let alone the indicated Hand or Kingpin - hinted on the Elektra card).

      Delete
  2. A really good job. A shame about the sculpt but it's not noticeable.

    You must remember though, that KM are a small company, it's a license thing, give them time, be patient, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kieron. :)

      I forgot about those factors, well reminded!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, what a great miniature and brilliant work to boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the kind words Michael. :)

      Delete
  4. Looks awesome mate despite the casting problems. Shall look forward to facing him and his coleagues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      Hopefully a game before too long. :)

      Delete
  5. For sure your painting has covered up whatever flaws inherent in the mini. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, the wings are especially well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fiery sword, but the rest is well done too!
    The bad quality of some sculpts and high prices are what drove me away from the Company. But I'm quite interested in their Harry Potter game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot for the kind words Wouter. :)

    As for HP - thankfully I can avoid that IP> :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fabulous. I wish I could paint it one day but I can't find it. Nobody sells it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks François. :)

      There is a trading group on Facebook that may be worth joining to look for items like this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/481515565322313/

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your answer!

      Delete