Thursday 21 June 2012

Looking For: Lots Of Dark Grey Acrylic Paint


Okay, I am after a lot of the same colour water based acrylic in a dark grey (think German Grey or Black Grey by Vallejo as an example); I need to paint circa 24 square feet of terrain, and so mixing is simply not an option since I may need to colour match at a later date.

I looked at docrafts Artiste paint which I like and is cheap, but they do not appear to do a dark enough grey (basically a not-far-from black kind of grey).

What I am looking for is:
1. paint in the right colour
2. available from a UK supplier
3. a consistency comparable to GW or Vallejo or similar (not thick and very viscous as some art suppliers paints)
4. not exorbitant in terms of cost.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it (an hour of google fu failed me this afternoon); feel free to comment below. Thanks in advance.

On other stuff, I hope to do a couple or so terrain posts soon, so watch this space.

4 comments:

  1. Poundland (my supplier of a lot of hobby related items)has/had spray tins of matt grey car primer, which worked well enough as undercoat for figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think it would work on hard foam terrain?

      Delete
  2. To be honest I would really consider getting some hobby shop paint, one black and one white and mixing. I know you said no hobby paint but I use only hobby paint, Marabu or Hobbyline..
    Thinned with a bit of floorcleaner and it handles exactly the same as all the so called pro-modelling paints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with mixing is that I want a consistent base coat and dry-brush colour across 6 gaming tiles totalling around 24 square feet of coverage.

      Delete