Sunday 2 October 2016

Zomtober 2016 (Week 1)

Zomtober 2016 is underway! Already the dead are walking into blog posts while beleaguered Survivors arrive to turn back the Zombie tide. Well done everyone who is taking part, with a lot of familiar names - great stuff guys.

This year my own personal project is to finish off any part-painted Zombies that I have lingering in the painting queue. And to start that, this mini was commenced at least a couple of years ago I think, and even had some work done last Zomtober before being abandoned once again. Well, thankfully it is finished now! (Although on the way to that this weekend I have grappled with computer issues - losing Picture Manager is a blow - as well as picking up a bit of a cold bug).

The mini is from Hasslefree, but not sculpted by Kev White. Not sure why I kept abandoning the painting, but that just happens to me sometimes. Anyhoo, the annual paintathon of Zomtober provided sufficient motivation to get this one cleared. The painting is a little rough in places, but it counts as finished which is the main thing for me.

And I note that still have not done an updated 'horde' picture that I mused about last year....

20 comments:

  1. Excellent job and glad to see you made the first entry! I always forget about the zombie versions of some of Hasslefree's Characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      It is a nice little sculpt. :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice, PulpCitizen, very nice indeed, and I like your theme of finishing off partially-painted minis from yesteryear; perhaps I might it one month (or year)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      A pragmatic decision for me, but I am hoping I'll feel better for taking it! :)

      Delete
  3. He's cool. I forget that Hasslefree do zombies. I'm due an order with them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kieron. :)

      My first three Zeds this year should *all* be HF funnily enough. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice figure and a cool paint job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to hear some of these neglected mini's are getting some 'love' :-).
    A very nice and crisp paintjob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter. :)

      I'll be glad to have cleared some part-done projects this month. :)

      Delete
  6. He looks great, I must admit like Simon I really should make a concerted effort to clear my paint table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)

      I am glad I am not alone in having unfinished stuff. :)

      Delete
  7. Cracking start, not sure how I missed this miniature before?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good start Pulp, Hasslefree has some excellent figures. As always I miss the first weekend of Zomtober.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Terry. :)

      Plenty of time to catch up. :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely mini. Your white lab coat is painted up a treat, very natural looking highlights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the kind words Dai. :)

      Delete
  10. I can't state this enough ... this is brilliant work. The colour scheme, simple. Figurine, simple. But paint job is great to pull this one off. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very, very much for those really kind words. :)

      Delete