Sunday 19 October 2014

Zomtober 2014 (Week 3)

Week 3 was finished on Saturday, and I didn't feel I needed to rush this time. This one was stress free, which was very nice, and the deadline was nowhere near as close as the first two weeks!

It has been great again to see the Week 2 and week 3 posts in the last few days - well done guys.

This is the final Zombie of the 'green triad'; I will post group shot of a few more triads soon. The mini is from Crocodile Games, primarily known for the Wargods of Aegytpus/Olympus lines; they have two packs of modern Zombies which I picked up for their cops, which was before Studio Miniatures did their own cops.

Over this weekend I have done a little more work on another Zed, which means I have 3-4 in varying stages of completion. If I can finish two of those for next week I would be very satisfied.

One happy knock-on effect of Zomtober this week is that it has helped spark my motivation to get some other minis finished (including this one - click for link), which is a welcome bonus, and funnily enough something similar happened last year two; so Zomtober is the gift that keeps on giving at least as far as my painting is concerned. In June to September I painted 8 units (there is a 5 mini model counted as 1 unit for this purpose). In the first 3 weeks of October I have already finished 4 units, and could be at 5-7 by the end of the month.


25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers. Much happier with this one than last week's. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I do like the Crocodile Games ones, quite characterful and decent sculpting. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. :)

      Pretty pleased with this one. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you sir. I am certainly happier with this week's mini, I feel like my painting groove is returning a little. :)

      Delete
  5. Hmm he seems to have a vague similarity to Boris Karloff. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Terry; I wonder if it is the heavily shaded eye sockets? :)

      Delete
  6. Very well done, sir! I love the face. The green sportcoat really looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Second Class Elitist; I am much happier with this one than the previous week's offering.

      Delete
  7. At first glance I thought this was a zombified Woody Allen - great zed though !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great model, and really subtle painting, Very very well done, sir. Plus I've found two blogs at the cost of visiting one post. Can't complain at that :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric, and thanks also for checking out Anima Tactician. :)

      Delete
  9. There's no mistaking *him* for anything other than the risen dead, is there? Very effective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colgar6; I aam pretty happy how he turned out. :)

      Delete
  10. Has a look of Frankenstine's Monster about the sculpt. Liking it VERY much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hits all the classic zombie notes. Cool sculpt. Great use of color in your painting. Like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Finch; my skin recipe is pretty much the same with each Zed, so I do hope it works! :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks Zombie Ad. As I mentioned in earlier comments, I am happiest with this one of this year's Zomtober crop of minis I have painted. :)

    ReplyDelete