Thursday 14 September 2017

The Dead Walk....Zomtober 2017 is Coming....

The dead lead (and resin and plastic!) shall walk again! Zomtober rises!

The sixth annual Zomtober is almost upon us - that time of year when bloggers like my buddies Rob (click here for his blog) and Simon (click for his blog here) and myself commit to getting some more Zeds or Survivors painted.

The rules
The Zomtober rules are simple.

To take part you just need to paint one Zombie or Survivor (or more!) each week, in any scale you like, posting it to your blog by that week's Sunday (we use Sunday's as the end of each Zomtober week). So that means posting one or more newly painted Zombie or Survivor minis each week on or before the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th of October 2017. This year has a very tight start and there is nothing stopping bloggers starting that first mini early in readiness for the Sunday!

Anyone commenting on this post will get added to the blog list below (and feel free to do something similar on your own blogs - as the word spreads, more and more bloggers can be involved!). Last year we had around 15-20 bloggers involved, and it would be great to beat that this year. So welcome all to this year's Zomtober!

Zomtober 2017 blog roll (click blog names for links):
  1. Brummie's Wargaming Blog - Simon
  2. Four Colour Super Minis - Rob
  3. Eclectic Gentleman Tabletop Gamer - pulpcitizen
  4. Fantorical - Blaxkleric
  5. Mike's Random Wargaming Meanderings - Mike C
  6. Saturday Mornings - Ivor Evans
  7. 28mm Victorian Warfare - Michael Awdry
  8. Miniature Mayhem - Terry Silverthorn
  9. ANYTHING BUT A 1! - Clint
  10. Cheaphammer!!! - Kieron
  11. The Wargame Addict - Wargame Addict
  12. Lead Reckoning - Fred Jackson
  13. da Gobbo's Grotto - Wargaming blog - da Gobbo Grotto
  14. Never Mind The Jankers - Roy Williamson
  15. Paintbrush and Superglue - Matt
  16. Dizbusters Gaming Ephemera - Phil Curran
  17. Wargaming With Barks - Barks
  18. Thoughts of a Depressive Diplomatist - Edwin King
  19. EndTransmission's gaming stuff - Paul Smith
  20. Colgar6 and the Infinite Legion of Toy Soldiers - Colgar6

41 comments:

  1. It would be an absolute honour to join this splendid challenge once again, PulpCitizen. My Wild West zeds have already arrived, as has that famous zombie-survivor, General George Custer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a graet theme mate. Can't wait to see them. :)

      Delete
  2. You can always count me in dude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always up for this - time to dig out my zombies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great, count me in! Completely new to all things zombies, but just bought The Walking Dead All Out War Prelude To Woodberry set yesterday as well as the core set, which should be here in a week :) Definitely better at terrain but hopefully seeing everyone else's work will help to motivate getting my paint brush going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like the TWD stuff will set you up right for Zombie painting action Ivor. :)

      Delete
  5. Hope to be back for some Zombie action if you can squeeze me in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been waiting for this moment to jumpstart my completion of Black Plaque Zombies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent Terry, exactly the kind of thing Zomtober is perfect for. :)

      Delete
  7. I was asked to get involved. All I will say is IF I can I shall. Count me in as a provisional if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can manage it Clint. :)

      Delete
    2. With your vote of confidence I feel I had better!

      Ok to start prepping/undercoating some figures now. then start in October proper?

      Delete
    3. Any and all pre-prep is allowed, and for slow coaches like me is positively encouraged! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh, yes please! I've been looking forward to Zombtober ever since I first saw it as a "lurker" - being able to actually join in is one of the reasons I started blogging!
    If you can squeeze me in I'd love to take part this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the world of blogging Wargame Addict. :)

      I have followed your blog and you are added to the ranks of Zomtoberists. :)

      Delete
  9. Count me in. Haven't done Zomtober for a few years and I should have some figures I want to paint by then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanna do it! I wanna do it! Please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found a handful of zombies while looking for other things, so it would be rude to not take part. So you please add my name to the blog list of those taking part. Thank you.

    http://nevermindthejankers.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Add me to the list please! I skipped this last year, need to get back on the zombie wagon...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the links to the bloggers involved in Zombtober. Yet more nicely painted pieces to ogle at in the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can we tempt you into joining Zomtober this year or i nhte future FourEyedMonster? :)

      Delete
  14. I'm in https://dizbustersge.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Consider yourself counted in Barks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'll give Zomtober a go this year - I've some Project Z minis waiting to be painted.

    My blog is at https://diplomatist2.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd like to give this a go too. I need a bit of inspiration at the moment to get things rolling again.

    My blog is https://mythostransmissions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added you to the list Paul - hopefully it gives your the kick-start you want. :)

      Delete
  18. As in previous years, I plan to do a series of zombie vs survivor "duels" for Zomtober. It has come around very quickly this year, so it seems...

    http://colgar6.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff, I really enjoyed the duels previously. :)

      Delete