Friday 30 September 2016

Triston (Joker Henchman)

Triston is my latest BMG mini, and one I decided to finish now to 'get something done'. I have been in a painting slump for the past couple of weeks so I figured I needed to start something very simple or finish something that was well underway, and Triston fell into the latter category. I started the mini at the same time as August, around October or November last year.

I think part of why I put him to one side was that the sculpt was rough in places, and poorly constructed in others (Knight were not very good about how they used generic parts on this one, namely how the head fits to the body). Thankfully Knight have improved their quality overall, although arguably that has been a costly lesson for anyone collecting everything from the range.

Triston is armed with a Shotgun, which while limited to ROF 1, allows him mobility and taking potshots. Dirty Fighter allows him to fire the Shotgun within 5 cm, so I imagine he will perform best softening up targets for allies, possibly keeping close to the enemy player's presumed Ammo Objective.

With Triston painted, my Joker crew is starting to get closer to fruition. I think I need one or two models to have it ready to game - either Arkham City Harley Quinn and the Shield Clown, or the new Jared Leto Joker. That will effectively make my fourth playable crew, so hopefully before too long it will happen.

BMG Painting Summary
BMG characters owned: 226 (added: still nothing)
Percentage of owned characters painted: 23.9% (54 models)

16 comments:

  1. A terrific paint-job PulpCitizen, despite your dampened enthusiasm for the sculpt. As ever though I greatly appreciate you taking the time to explain the model's in-game rules and suggestions as to how best to use him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. :)

      Whether my suggestions adequately meet gaming reality remains to be seen! :)

      Delete
  2. For all your problems with him, he looks superb! Send in the clowns.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. :)

      The clowns will be sent in soon...

      Delete
  3. Sounds like Knight had some serious issues while casting some miniatures.
    It isn't noticable however, which says something about your skills.
    He looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Woutr. :)

      The photograph does not reveal what effectively looks like a hump around the neck area.

      Delete
  4. What a great character, well done that man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great fella. I shall look forward to facing your joker crew :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      Hopefully not too long now. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Cheers Kieron. :)

      And on Joker, I know, I know, but won't be my main crew. :)

      Delete
  7. Painting slumps will always hit the best of us. I love the paint job but I can't say the same for the figurine because I'm scared silly by clowns! They creep me out! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much FourEyedMonster. :)

      Unfortunately, there are still more clowns to finish off...

      Delete