Sunday 23 October 2016

Zomtober 2016 (Week 4)

Another Zombie done, and another of the long-gestating backlog paint-jobs finally taken out of the painting queue. This one was started a few years ago and abandoned, despite being a totally ace mini and a brilliant nod to Shaun of the Dead. It was undercoated black and I had blocked out some colours before it sat for a few years unpainted. With my primary focus this year on clearing the queue, I kept putting this one off, and it took a bit of work on it for me to start to feel as though it would get finished. Well it is now, which is a bit of a relief!

The mini is from Hasslefree, and I think it is such a great sculpt.  I *think* there is a Survivor version as well.

While painting this, I tried to get an effect I'd be happy with to represent the blood that would have poured down the front of shirt from his torn throat, and I am reasonably happy with it on balance.

Now there is one week to go, and across the blogosphere there has been lots of Zomtober painting action - I look forward to seeing everyone's final outputs. Well done all taking part. :)


22 comments:

  1. Looks great. There are two survivor versions, one stood with bat and shotgun, and the other swinging the bat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific painting PulpCitizen, and well worth the wait imho. Perhaps next Zomtober you'll do one of the survivor versions? Love the shading on the shirt and trousers. Top stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      Survivors are unlikely, but you never know. :)

      Delete
  3. Looking good! His left sleeve looks a but too spotless though, some blood splatters on it wouldn't look out of place. It is a great mini, with a lot of character for a mere zombie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter. :)

      I decided to stop on the blood splatters when I did simply to avoid going too far and messing up! :)

      Delete
  4. As Kieron says there are two survivor versions from Hasslefree and they've named him Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, I love this and don't know why I haven't picked one up myself yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Michael. :)

      It is a great sculpt. :)

      Delete
  6. Another excellent miniature Pulp! I have been seeing quite a range of miniatures I have never seen before during this years Zomtober which is quite cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Terry. :)

      I also really love the variety on show each Zomtober, with a great range of influences and sources. :)

      Delete
  7. Awesome job dude a fine addition to Zomtober!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much mate, bit by bit I have been getting there, and this is my favourite I have have produced this Zomtober so far. :)

      Delete
  8. Yes, VERY SotD. Fantastic mate, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, cracking miniature and paintwork, if you got the survivor you'd have to get a "Jag" for him and his mate to pinch off of his stepdad.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Roger. :)

      I can't see myself doing an Survivors to be honest, just adding annually to my Zed horde will be my focus. :)

      Great film though. :)

      Delete
  10. Wow ... getting all those KIV pieces out of the way should feel really good. Lovely whites and skin tones as per your usual high standard. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. I was happy this was removed from the painting queue after so many years, so Zomtober proved productive for me. :)

      Delete