Sunday 30 October 2016

Zomtober 2016 (Week 5)

Another Zombie painted, and I have managed to meet this year's Zomtober quota despite struggling with painting motivation for the last few weeks. I actually started another mini as I thought I was not going to manage this one, but then suddenly this weekend momentum caught and he got there in the end (leaving me with another part-painted Mutant Zombie - LOL!).

This mini was prepared years ago, as evidenced by his black undercoat, but he never got further than undercoating unlike some of the other minis I finished off for this year's Zomtober. The mini is one of the many Studio Miniatures Zombies that I have in my 'lead mountain' (enough to keep me going for a lot of Zomtobers to come to be honest!).

I like the fact that the Zombie is shuffling around with a katana embedded through his torso! Makes you wonder what happened to his attacker!

In previous years Zomtober has spurred on other painting, but not this time. However, I met my target which is the most important thing, and the horde has grown a little more which is always positive.

Finally, once again I have to say it has been brilliant to see so many participants involved in Zomtober 2016 each week, and I hope to see as many of the bloggers who have been involved this year striving to do so again next year. Well done guys!

21 comments:

  1. Lovely work PulpCitizen, and another great advertisement for the characterful sculpts of "Studio Miniatures". I'm really going to have start painting some of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric. :)

      I look forward to seeing yours in good time. :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome job dude. One of my favourite Studio metal zombies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to round out this year's Zomtober, fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! Whoever owned the katana clearly had it for decorative purposes (as most do!) as there it no rhyme or reason for it to be at that angle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kieron. :)

      Definitely logic-defying, I'll give you that. Some kind of death from above attack leaping off a low building? :)

      Delete
  5. Unless they did a flying leap with a downward stroke, how on earth did they manage that blow? Cool mini though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see these miniatures, as I own not a single one of them! Well done Pulp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry. :)

      I have been impressed over the years to see a few of the same minis in Zomtober outputs between contributors, so it is nice that some may be less well-known to others. :)

      Delete
  7. Haha, this guy is something different compared to a regular zombie.
    He looks like a zombie cowboy geezer, but for some reason he got dismembered and stabbed by a Katana. A great miniature and a lovely paintjob.
    I'm not entirely sure whether or not I like the purple jacket though.
    It doesn't fit in with his cowboy hat, but at the same time, neither does the Katana ;-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter.

      I don't think he is supposed to be a coyboy, but a 'hobo' of sorts (note his very bushy beard and long hair, the patched knee on his trousers, and the holes in his clothes which seem unrelated to his wounds). :)

      Delete
  8. I do like what you've done with this guy, another great Studio sculpt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Zabadak. :)

      I think a very characterful sculpt, and for certain most of my Zed mountain of unpainted minis remains Studio stuff, so plenty for me to look forward to in future years. :)

      Delete
  9. This guy is a comical sculpt! Very cool and I like the colours you've gone with. Good one to finish zomtober with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It might seem such a minor detail but key to this whole piece was his white eyes. That completely sold me about this piece. He looks great ... in a zombie way of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)

      It is a slight off-white (VMC Silver Grey) that all my Zeds get. :)

      Delete