Sunday 9 October 2016

Zomtober 2016 (Week 2)

Week 2 and again it has been great to see other bloggers finishing their entries for Zomtober. I am just about still on target, although this entry is a bit scrappy in the painting to say the least. Like my Week 1 Zombie, this mini has sat unfinished for a long time (it had some dead flesh painted and that was it).

Part of the problem was the consistency of the green I used as a base coat - I didn't mix the paint well enough and it made a horrible shiny and thick base coat, which I didn't really recover from. That aside, it is finished which suits me. A bit of a shame as it is a really nice sculpt, but being 'done' is key for me.

I am still struggling for painting motivation, so the annual commitment of Zomtober is helping to ensure I don't stop entirely. There is stuff I'd like to have painted, I just don't really feel like painting unfortunately. I am hoping something 'clicks' soon.

Next week's planned mini is also one that has sat unfinished for far too long, so another bonus for me from Zomtober this year is clearing the backlog of stuff that really should have been completed years ago.

20 comments:

  1. I like the green PulpCitizen, and think it compliments her grey skin rather nicely. Keep it going my friend, as I always find your minis inspirational :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon. :)

      Thanks very much for the kind words. :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic zombie with great city base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks good. Mind you, that's what you get for mixing paints. Won't catch me doing that! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kieron. :)

      Rumour on the grapevine is you have entered a whole new realm of fancy painting! :P

      Delete
  4. That's a cool figure, is it from Hasslefree? It sort of has that style. Painting slumps can be annoying, made even worse by deadlines, though as you say, it does keep the brushes working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Terry. It is Hasslefree, and a nice sculpt. :)

      Delete
  5. What a great miniature, nicely painted too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter. :)

      The sculpting definitely exceeds the painting. :)

      Delete
  6. That certainly all works for me, what a great entry - keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't see what your on about, I would be more than happy to turn out end results that look as good as that!

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work. Fits in just fine with the previous entry. Keep it up mate, ebbing mojo be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah she looks awesome dude! Another model finished can't be bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      'Finished' is the most important thing for me. :)

      Delete
  10. I think she looks great with the bright blonde hair a good contrast for her sickly skin tone.

    ReplyDelete