Thursday 3 November 2016

Quarter 3 2016 Painting Summary

My usual quarterly summary is almost a month late - shows how much I have been preoccupied with not feeling the painting mojo!

The funny thing is that it is my best quarterly output in almost 4 years of monitoring what I paint!

Between July to September I painted 21 minis across 5 ranges, so hopefully living up to the 'eclectic' title, even if only a little. One of those ranges was my first toe-dipping into Knight Models' Marvel range (MUMG). which I hope to add to in the next few months (I am far from a playable team for the game yet). I am especially pleased to have painted a fair few Pulp City models in the quarter, taking me way beyond my original target for the range this year.

I also managed 6 games in the quarter, some in preparation for a tournament in October which I did quite well in...

In all, despite my feeling of painting malaise at times, on reflection it was actually a pretty productive period hobby wise.

Painted in Q3 (+4 from Q3 2016)
Pulp City: 8 minis
BMG: 8 minis
MUMG: 3 minis
Malifaux: 1 mini
Other: 1 mini (Wolsey)

18 comments:

  1. I'd hate to see how many more you could have painted if your mojo had been going 'full steam' PulpCitizen, as your postings are always enjoyably inspirational to me - and a fiendish enticement into the world of "Batman Miniatures Game" and "Pulp City" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much mate. :)

      I especially hope that more people give Pulp City a look - the more that pick it up, the more we can add to the range. :)

      Delete
  2. Some lovely work there PC. Just lovely, I'll take quality over quantity anyday and these are quality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, must have missed that mage-type with mouths coming out for his robe. What a wonderfully creepy figure. Is that a Pulp City miniature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jez. :)

      The mini is 100 Voices, and is indeed from the Pulp City range. This is the blog post I did on the Pulp Citizen blog about him: http://pulp-citizen.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/100-voices.html

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous month you have had, stunning work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quarter rather than a month (I wish I was *that* prolific!), but thank you. :)

      Delete
  5. A lot of great works! I'm under a spell of ~these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a good year so far ;-).
    I look forward to the grand finale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite not feeling the mojo you definitely being doing good work over the past month. ^_^ Looking at your quarterly report kinda reminds me I have lost touch with most of what I'm doing ... not good .. O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FourEyedMonster. :)

      I don't know if you have painting slumps like I do, but I find it difficult to regain momentum at times. If you are experiencing the same you have my empathy.

      Delete
    2. Always. But then there times when there is a burst of inspiration that results in a lot getting done. Sort of :)

      Delete
    3. I know that 'sort of' feeling too! :)

      Glad to know I am not the only one. :)

      Delete
  8. You need to make me feel the pain of AC Joker that should get you motivated :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on it, but I expect a lot of kickings as I get to grips with Joker. :)

      Delete