Monday 2 January 2017

Quarter 4 Painting & Year End Hobby Review 2016

2016 been a pretty good year hobby wise for me. Since changing my focus to low model count skirmish gaming in 2009, it is my best painted minis total within a single year. I finished Quarter 4 with 18 minis (top two images).

I managed to paint 67 models across 10 ranges, even starting some new ranges. I met or exceeded my targets on 5 ranges (but missed my targets for another 3; I unexpectedly started a couple of new ranges this year).

Quarter 1
I am really pleased about the amount of Pulp City minis I painted this year, which took me past 150 painted Pulp City minis in total. I hope to maintain that momentum next year, but time will tell. Pulp City and BMG were my big areas of output, but I stalled on stuff like Tooth & Sword and Warmachine/Hordes in 2016 unfortunately.

I added and assembled some new terrain (most of it was blogged), so that was nice, and I have a bit of a backlog of terrain stuff still to paint and put together for 2017.

On the gaming front I managed 32 skirmish games, so a little over one game every two weeks. I played in several BMG tournaments and won two (1st out of 10 or 11 in one; and 1st out of 6 in another) and came 3rd in another (out of 18 players).

Quarter 2
My painting in 2016
I set a high-end target of 60 minis for the year and thankfully exceeded that. I think I'll be setting the same target for next year since it is do-able (in 3 out of 4 years at any rate).


Quarter 1: 16 minis
BMG: 11 minis
Pulp City: 4 minis
Anima Tactics: 1 mini

Quarter 3
Quarter 2: 12 minis 
Pulp City: 5 minis
BMG: 4 minis
GI Joe: 1 mini
Malifaux: 1 mini

Quarter 3: 21 minis 
Pulp City: 8 minis
BMG: 8 minis
MUMG: 3 minis
Malifaux: 1 mini
Other: 1 mini

Quarter 4
Quarter 4: 18 minis 
Pulp City: 5 minis
Zombies: 5 minis
BMG: 4 minis
SMG: 3 minis
MUMG: 1 mini

10 comments:

  1. A tremendous year PulpCitizen, full of many inspirational paint-jobs/postings. I follow a lot of blogs, but always immediately leap to yours (plural) when I see an update as I know it'll be good stuff indeed. Many thanks for the postings in 2016 and really looking forward to 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for the kind words mate. :)

      I hope to keep up the blogging well into 2017 and beyond! :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent year! many great minis in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year dude and Well done on your output for 2016. Look forward to seeing 2017's output and to playing more games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Plenty of games and minis ahead for both of us I hope! :)

      Delete
  4. Whoa ... 2016 has indeed been a productive one for you. Sixty seven minis is an awesome total. All of them of high quality too.

    By the way, here's wishing you a belated Happy New Year too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much FourEyedMonster. :)

      And Happy New Year to you too. :)

      Delete