Wednesday 28 January 2015

Objectives (BMG)

I started working on these at the same time as painting Poison Ivy, grabbing hold of the momentum I had at the time. Although these Objectives are fairly simple and basic models, since they are clearly gaming pieces (with game effects and rules), and each uses at least a couple of colours and is based, I am counting them towards my painting totals for the year!

Left to right:
  • Riddle
  • Loot
  • Ammo 
  • Titan Container

These are the official BMG Objectives from Knight Models, and since these were released the first Leader-specific Objectives have also been released (Joker's Gas Cannisters).

These pieces were fairly quick to paint as you expect, and help me get ready to play in the March tournament at Titan Games that I will be attending.

For my options requirements for a playable Crew, I have three Plants, a Blackgate Prisoner or two, and Deadshot to paint before March. I won't be using them all, but it covers a few configuration options, and I have started work on these.

10 comments:

  1. Nice work dude! These are as important as the figures imo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bob. It has been nice to get a few things 'done' this month, including the Objectives. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely job and of course they count they have there own bases! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the crew appear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for supporting 'they count' stance mate! :)

      I am quite far along with my first Blackgate Prisoner, and have started on the Plants too. Deadshot has stalled somewhat.

      Delete
  3. They're really nice. I still need to finish my bodged together proxies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kieron. I look forward to seeing what you do. :)

      Delete
  4. Great objectives, I love the ammo cans; I think they're M2A1s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Baconfat; I have no clue about the ammo boxes - I just paint the stuff! :)

      Delete
  5. Nice to see them fully operational. There seems to be lots of tokens required for BMG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is token heavy, and there seems to me to be a certain fiddliness to the rules, but those issues aside, I di enjoy my first games.

      Definitely not an attritional game, I don't think I lost more than 3 models (out of 6) per game in the 3-game tournament I played in.

      Delete