Sunday 28 May 2017

Scarecrow (Batman Begins)

Scarecrow (the version depicted in Batman Begins) was a nice quick win for me, painted in short spurts over a few days, and helping maintain my recent momentum of finished minis. He can only be used in a League of Shadows crew, which means I am not planning to field him any time soon, but that aside, it is another mini taken out of the growing backlog. I purposefully picked this one to do now as I thought he would be fairly straightforward, and thankfully that was the case.

In game terms he offers area of effect threat through a template, but that is limited in range so places him in harm's way. More importantly, he has a Trait allowing him to remove a KO character within 20 cm, so ideally he would follow a character doing Stun as opposed to purely Blood damage.

Next up for BMG I want to finish at least one of Killer Frost or Robin, and maybe even Zsasz (the latter has been part-painted for months unfortunately), and ideally I would like one of those to be completed before the end of the month.

BMG Painting Summary
BMG characters owned: 280 (added: nothing)
Percentage of owned characters painted: 24.3% (68 models)

12 comments:

  1. Nice stuff indeed, PulpCitizen. I rather like the "Batman Begins" Scarecrow, and you've done a fantastic job on him. Great painting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic job!
    From the worn straightcoat to the rugged mask, he looks very much like the character from the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Wouter. :)

      It was a bit of a rush job (intentionally so), but nonetheless I am pretty happy with the final result. :)

      Delete
  3. A really nice mini, and another great paint job. :0).

    Looking at him, he could easily be fielded as any number of things in any number of games. In particular I'm thinking anything survival-horror; as he looks uncannily like something that you might find in Silent Hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom. I am pretty pleased with how he turned out. :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful creepy, great job Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job especially on the mask which is the main thing for Scarecrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much FourEyedMonster. :)

      For a pretty quick paint-job I am pretty happy how he turned out. :)

      Delete