Sunday, 18 June 2017

Major Bludd (Cobra)

Another G.I. Joe Project mini done! Unfortunately Major Bludd had been languishing in the queue of part-painted minis for far too long.

Major Bludd is an ex Australian SAS member turned mercenary who joined the Cobra Command payroll. He frequently serves a s a field leader and is not averse to working against other members of Cobra at the behest of Cobra Commander. Unlike many Cobra operatives, Bludd isn't a true believer, instead his prime motivation is simply money.

I admit I struggled with the limited palette of the character, especially highlighting the uniform. I changed the gun the mini came with for another that felt more appropriate. I tried to bend his gun arm forwards, but not enough; in hindsight I should have re-positioned the head to be looking along the gun. Despite the painting, the main thing is that the mini is finished and adds to my slowly growing forces.

I have already started work on a few others, and have Gung Ho to finish who has been part-painted for as long as Major Bludd. In addition, work continues on Squad Wars to eventually get some games in with the minis.

G.I. Joe Minis Painted
G.I. Joe team: 1
Cobra: 2*
Iron Grenadiers: 1*
Oktober Guard: 0

15 comments:

  1. Looks awesome dude I like the new weapon as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      I o wish I had re-positioned the head though. :)

      Delete
  2. Another cracker, PulpCitizen. Nice muted brown and black, but not so much as to make the mini's detail indistinct. Definitely one of your strengths imho. More please :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the kind words mate. :)

      Not my best work, but happy enough with it. :)

      Delete
  3. Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I want this mini
    So this doesn't rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice sculpt. :)

      Look me up on Facebook (Leon Mallett). ;)

      Delete
  4. I agree about the positioning of the gun, it looks a bit weird.
    The way you painted him is top notch though.
    One thing I do seem to missing is the Cobra symbol on his helmet or armour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Wouter. :)

      The regular Cobra troops should end up with their faction decals. :)

      Delete
  5. This certainly brings back some memories.

    Major Bludd was one of the four G.I Joe / Cobra figures I had as a child (as I recall the others were a Cobra Foot-soldier, a guy I think was called Indie, and finally a guy whose name I have no clue as to what it was).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a favourite range of my youth (in its Action Force guise). :)

      Delete
  6. Nice work on the dark hues yet again pulpcitizen! If I had him I would've been sorely tempted to paint him up in piratey hues on account of his eye patch alone heh heh :)

    ReplyDelete