Thursday 20 April 2017

Joker (Arkham City)

Joker was started many months ago (early September 2016), with a view to building up a new crew to be able to play with. I got side-tracked (as usual) so that hasn't really materialised - I certainly have a playable Joker crew, but not necessarily one I would choose to play if that makes sense?

As the mini had been part-painted for some time, it was recently finishing Prisoner 05 that motivated me to want to clear this one too. This Joker is my 60th painted BMG mini, and I hope to clear some other part-done minis from the range in the next few weeks.

Arkham City Joker recently saw a cost increase via FAQ/Errata which I think has been long overdue, simply because he bends four major areas of rules (initiative and game length; counter allocation for his Henchmen; being able to shoot around corners; a universal re-roll via Luck). I have faced Arkham City Joker crews a few times and it has always been the fact he bends so many areas of rules which I found frustrating to play against, so I am more than content with the cost adjustment even if I end up fielding this version of Joker myself.

BMG Painting Summary
BMG characters owned: 270 (added: nothing since posting Prisoner 05)
Percentage of owned characters painted: 22.2% (60 models)

14 comments:

  1. Oh, one of my favourite dark star! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done and I was interested to read about the change in cost, that does seem to be a better balance as there is nothing more frustrating than playing a character that can literally break the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. :)

      The strangest thing ias that KM are pretty patch-happy with their characters, but this one took a long time in relative terms for them to address. The difference is only 15 rep, which means losing a high cost Henchmen for a low to mid cost one, but a good change nonetheless I think.

      Delete
  3. It almost looks as if he's leading and orchestra. You haven't chosen the easiest colours to paint him with (yellow and purple) but I think you absolutely nailed this paintjob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Wouter. I am pretty happy with how he turned out. :)

      Delete
  4. Very nicely done mate. I sense some painful games in my future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      With my luck against you I suspect you will be fine! :)

      Delete
  5. Great work PulpCitizen. Blimey you're really starting to crank these minis out. This is a top paintjob imho, on one of my fave "DC Comics" characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. :)

      I have been able to catch up on some of the painting momentum I lost during February and March which has felt positive.

      Delete
  6. You have really captured the otherworldly nature of the Joker's mental state with the sinister and deranged look on this minis face.

    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your version of Joker looks suitably menacing ... creepy even. Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete