Sunday 8 May 2016

Catwoman (Animated Series)

Catwoman (in the Batman Animated style, after Batman in January) is my 44th BMG mini I have painted. This was a 'quick and done' paint-job because my painting momentum has recently dissipated. I decided I was going to get her finished today, having previously applied the main grey colour only as a consequence of painting something else, then painting the belt, then putting her to one side for a few weeks.

Overall I am happy with the simple paint scheme and results, and it is nice to have another mini 'done' this year and especially this month. Hopefully this kick-starts me into finishing a few more minis from different ranges and games this month.

I think Knight Models did a good job translating two-dimensional cel animation into a three dimensional sculpt. The model is a single piece which is a nice change for this range, and the only real hassle was needing to trim the slotta tab to fit a channel I widened in the base (this is because I want all my painted BMG minis to have the same base style - Fraktured from Dragon Forge Designs, and this sculpt has her whip trailing along the slotta tab).

I don't really foresee using this version of Catwoman in many games, basically as for me she does not stack up well enough as an alternative  to the Arkham City Catwoman. The main reasons for that are lack of extra VP scoring; Endurance 4 which makes her vulnerable to attacks doing 2 damage; and Willpower 5, making her available counters for Dodges and move and Defense more limited. That aside, I really do like the mini as I am a big fan of Batman the Animated Series and related shows. When I eventually have a few more Animated-style minis done I will do a group shot of them together.

BMG Painting Summary
BMG characters owned: 201 (added: nothing)
Percentage of owned characters painted: 21.9% (44 models)

12 comments:

  1. Cracking job, I have to say that I am quite taken by the Animated Series of models, especially when they look this good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. :)

      Hopefully I will have more BtAS minis to show off before too long. :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent job dude she looks great! I look forward to seeing her in a game perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      I really cannot see her getting game time unless for a special one-off game maybe, as she is too fragile in-game in terms of her rules. Even then, it would have to be as part of a BtAS themed crew, so that depends on more releases! :)

      Delete
    2. It could be part of BoP list though I am going to have a look about adding in some of the TAS characters and seeing what the numbers crunch up list wise.

      Delete
    3. There just doesn't seem a single option to add all the BtAS stuff, or at least a few characters from it, into a single crew.

      Delete
  3. Outstanding stuff PulpCitizen. I'm very tempted by these Animated Series minis - and your top paint-jobs aren't helping ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Blaxkleric. :)

      Hopefully more additions before too long, but we shall see. :)

      Delete
  4. She looks great.

    I reckon that if they release a couple of BTAS villains, this range would be excellent for running small demos. Recognisable characters, not many rules, easy to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mate. :)

    More would be nice; they will be up to 5 with GA and Batgirl, so that is much better then the other TV stuff (Arrow, Gotham and Batman '66 each having one mini), so I am optimistic that more will appear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, yet most effective! You maintained a no-fuss paint job which is EXACTLY what this mini needed. Her curves do all the talking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much FourEyedMonster. :)

      The BtAS sculpts are nice simple minis which makes a very pleasant change. :)

      Delete