Wednesday 10 December 2014

Oculus (SHOC Force)

Oculus is the name I have given this model, which is another from Nexus Miniatures (click for link to the Nexus site), from their SDZA (Super Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse) range.

Like Razorclaw, Oculus is a member of SHOC Force, and often acts as de-facto field leader for the team. His powers allow him to see across the range of the electro-magnetic spectrum as well allowing him to project devastating short range line-of-sight electro-magnetic blasts using specially developed goggles. There is friction between the straight-laced Oculus and the abrasive wild-man Razorclaw, which causes tension in the team.

I started painting this mini at the same time as the first one, painting the bulk of each in tandem, although focusing on one at a time when it came to the finishing details of each. I struggled with painting the face, but I am leaving it as it is so I can keep momentum for other minis.

Having painted these two, I am looking forward to more SDZA releases using the same uniform motifs so I can add to the ranks of SHOC Force. More generally, I am really happy to have painted a couple more minis, my first two this month, especially after struggling to get stuff painted for so much of the year.

10 comments:

  1. Fab job mate! Loving the red scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Looking forward to painting more in the team colours. :)

      Delete
  2. Great job dude! Sweet colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking at these minis keeps reminding me of my ever increasing pile of unpainted supers minis. When I get round to them' hope they are as good as these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they will be Fred, and thanks for the kind words. :)

      Delete