Sunday 29 November 2015

August (Joker Henchman)

With the painting of first, my Gas Canister Objectives, and now this Henchman, my Joker crew building starts in earnest.

Originally I was going to put them in the orange jump-suits of the Arkham City game, as I did with Knife Clown, but after seeing Dan's Joker crew (here), I changed my mind. I have now settled on a mix of green and purple garments offset with grey vests etc., and probably some denim on the Elites. Knife Clown will probably have to have some kind of repaint eventually to fit in.

August is the first mini finished with the new colour scheme in mind, and was something of a test piece. How I highlight the purple will probably evolve as I paint some more. I have 3 more Henchmen started, although only 2 of those are currently planned for the crew.

The current list is planned as:

  • Joker (AC version; I cannot see any reason to use any of the other 3 Jokers over this guy)
  • Joker's Daughter (just to make a change from the seemingly ubiquitous AC Harley Quinn)
  • Hush (already painted - yay!)
  • Borgon - Hammer
  • Sniggering - Assault Rifle
  • August - Axe
  • Contra-Auguste - Bat
  • Clown (Tube)

With August now finished, and Hush painted a while ago, that puts me one quarter of the way to achieving this crew. I hope to add at least a couple more during December, and maybe finish the whole crew by January or February 2016.

BMG Painting Summary
BMG characters owned: 173 (added: Joker Elites, Joker Henchmen blister, Two Face Henchmen blister, Scarecrow AK crew box, Militia Brute, Wonderland Gang crew, Talia - comics)
Percentage of owned characters painted: 17.9% (31 models)

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. :)

      Although the lighting shows some wonky highlighting on the arm, so I need to look at that.

      Delete
  2. Cracking stuff. Must get going on my own minis next year as I find your painting is inspirational :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whilst I have been tempted by the BMG miniatures, the price point per miniature has put me off, along with the fact that they are bigger than all my other supers. However, I do enjoy seeing what others have done with them, so I shall definitely be watching your progress on your crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agreed re: the price point - only the IP causes me to buy into the range.

      For me, KM have a number of problematic issues including QC of casting as well as writing, and if this was a generic supers range I would not buy based on that alone, let alone the relatively high price point.

      I have seen people try and make false comparisons with GW and some other manufacturers, in terms of buy in, but that misses the point that the minis are very high cost within context of individual minis, which have just seen a 10% price rise in the past month.

      Delete
  4. Very nice work dude and good to see the J-man's crew starting off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Hopefully it will all come together in the next 2-3 months. :)

      Delete
  5. Purples and greens tie him to the Joker ... nice!

    ReplyDelete