Sunday 5 April 2015

Quarter 1 2015 Painting Summary

Well that was an interesting three months of hobby stuff. I painted minis, I built new terrain pieces (not yet used), attended a 3-game tournament for a game I had not previously played, and more importantly I got some painting done.

Painted in Q1 (+6 from Q1 2014)

  • BMG: 10 minis (yeah, some are simple, but I still count them)
  • Anima Tactics: 2
  • Hordes: 4

I set out for the year with two targets in mind: a bare minimum of 50 minis over the 12 months, and an ideal of 63 if everything got painted that I wanted for each range I had set a goal; that has since risen to 68. If I hit 50, then great, if I hit 68+ and meet every smaller target I have set, then that may prove to be my best year yet in satisfaction terms.

To hit the 68, I need to paint roughly 17 minis per quarter. In quarter 1 in 2015 I painted 16 minis, despite getting a lot of other hobby stuff done by my usual standards, so pretty satisfactory in all. That said, I am way down on my Anima Tactics target and that will be the hardest to recover I think. On the plus side, I am 1 mini short of my year-total BMG target, so that is positive!

6 comments:

  1. That's a really productive start to the year. Some stuff may be simple (by your standards) but it all counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kieron. Things have tailed off a little on the painting front in the past couple of weeks, but I hope I am getting back on track, with a suitably eclectic mix. :)

      Delete
  2. A productive first quarter. Surely building terrain counts for at least another 5 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will keep that separate, otherwise it may deter me from painting more! :)

      Delete
  3. A great start to the year dude! Quality as well as quantity, hope you meet your targets.

    ReplyDelete