Sunday 24 March 2019

Shadow Beasts (MotU)

These Shadow Beasts are part of a private commission from which I was really fortunate enough to be able to get copies, and I am very glad that I did. They were nice and simple to paint, just the kind of welcome diversion from my recent painting block. They also mean that I can tick off a couple more minis for my MotU Project.

The Shadow Beasts were featured in the original He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon, as well the 2002 cartoon of the same name. They are large ape-like beasts living throughout the dark hemisphere. With their great strength and stealthy appearance, Shadow Beasts are described as more than a match for most heroic warriors.

The painting was done in a few hours, but broken into smaller chunks of time, so in reality maybe 2 to 3 hours in total. They were mainly dry-brushed with some washes here and there, and highlights added to hands and feet. It was nice to have a couple of minis done so quickly. the colour scheme was mainly influenced by the Masters of the Universe Classics version action figure from recent years.

I had originally intended to use Shadow Beasts and other creatures as 'wandering monster' types in MotU games, but subsequently decided that they would be best used as an option to be used alongside Beast Man so I adjusted my plans for them accordingly. Now they can only used if Beast Man (or another Beast Controller character) is in the same Band, which feels right to me.

22 comments:

  1. These look excellent. Your way of doing these sort pf colour schemes wins out massively with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of your best, PulpCitizen. I absolutely love them!! Great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) For a relatively quick win i am pretty pleased with them.

      Delete
  3. These look great! I definitively want a few for encounters and Beastman henching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great and I do want to paint a couple more at least. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work as always buddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Pretty pleased with how they turned out. :)

      Delete
  5. Great sculpts and your brushwork on them is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work on some unique sculpts Pulp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m a bit jealous of these. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work ... looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

  9. I'm here to testify about Mr John Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world.. firstly I thought it was scam until I saw so many testimony about how Mr John sent them the ATM blank card and how it was used to withdraw money in any ATM machine and become rich so I decided to risk the opportunity I contacted him also and I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 10,000 dollars. maximum withdrawal daily $1,000, Mr John is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault,If your interested kindly contact him directly on his email (johnlopez1945@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete


  10. Cool way to have financial freedom!!! Are you tired of living a poor life, here is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Get the new ATM BLANK CARD that can hack any ATM MACHINE and withdraw money from any account. You do not require anybody’s account number before you can use it. Although you and I knows that its illegal,there is no risk using it. It has SPECIAL FEATURES, that makes the machine unable to detect this very card,and its transaction can’t be traced .You can use it anywhere in the world. With this card,you can withdraw nothing less than $4,500 a day. So to get the card,reach the hackers via email address : besthackersworld58@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +1(323)-723-2568

    ReplyDelete